Thursday, June 21, 2012

Another food blog?

Welcome! I'm Kate; wife, mother of one (very soon to be two!), full time Event Director/Golf Tournament Director, fitness fanatic and healthy home cook! I realize there are a TON of food blogs out there, and just like donut shops and nail salons here in Houston, we probably don't NEED another. However, like those ubiquitous shops, I'm hoping this one finds it's own little niche. I'm a healthy cook, but not even close to perfect with my diet. I read a lot about gals who are so dedicated they add coconut oil to their coffee and take their own boiled chicken breasts to neighborhood fondue parties. I also read the blogs about gals who travel the world trying exotic street food and shopping fabulous Parisian farmers market. Since I have neither the extreme dedication or means to be either of those bloggers, this blog is meant as sort of a go between. This is a blog for anyone who LOVES food, cares tremendously about their health and the health of their families and maybe doesn't always have the time to be perfect (or especially fabulous). I also am always attempting to find healthy, whole foods that my son will not only eat but can also be involved in making. He is almost three, supremely picky and has a wild sweet tooth. If a child could live on muffins alone....therefore, expect a lot of muffin recipes here. I subscribe to the bible of Cooking Light, fantasize about becoming a super fit Ina Garten and know that for me, food is love. So please stay tuned! I'll be bringing you my endeavors soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment